There are two AccuBASS® settings used during initial setup. The AccuBass Threshold and the AccuBass Level.
The AccuBASS Threshold determines when the AccuBASS process turns on and the AccuBASS Level adjusts the overall level of bass restoration.
If you need to know more about how AccuBASS works, you can read the article here.
For most of our products the AccuBASS Level and Threshold knobs are right next to each other. For the DM processors and DSP amplifiers the Threshold and Level controls are found in the DM Smart DSP software.
The exception is the LC2i. The Threshold knob (screw) is located on the side of the unit between the Main and Bass RCA output connectors. You will need a micro screwdriver in order to adjust it. Click here for a picture.
It’s also good to note that the Bass knob on the LC2i is for setting the output gain (level) of the Bass output. It does not have anything to do with the AccuBASS setup process.
For initial setup of AccuBASS:
- Turn the AccuBASS Threshold all the way to the left
- Set the AccuBASS Level knob at the 12 O’clock position
- Start playing music that you are familiar with and that has a lot of bass
- Slowly turn the volume up on the head unit until you start to hear the bass start to drop out (roll off)
- At this point, you will now start to slowly turn the AccuBASS Threshold to the right (clockwise) until you hear the bass being restored.
- At this point the Threshold is set and you can now adjust the AccuBASS Level to your liking. You can think of the AccuBASS Level setting as a bass boost feature as it is adjusting the level of the restored bass.
If your vehicle does not reduce the bass output at higher volumes there is a way to defeat the AccuBASS feature or, if you prefer, to keep it turned on all the time.
To keep AccuBass ON all the time turn the Threshold knob (or slider in the DSP software) all the way to the right, which will effectively keep the AccuBASS process always engaged. So no matter how loud or soft you are playing music, AccuBASS will always be adding bass boost. You can still adjust your AccuBass Level to your liking.
To defeat (turn off) the AccuBass feature you would turn the Threshold all the way to the left which will effectively prevent the AccuBass process from turning on at higher volumes. You would also turn the AccuBass Level all the way down (to the left).