Bijou 600 Compact Zone Amplifier
2.1 Channel Zone Amplifier & DAC
AudioControl’s new Bijou 600 is a first of its kind and exploits AudioControl’s renowned expertise in developing high performance amplifiers, and matches this with enhanced pre-amplifier controls and bass management capabilities in a compact, rack mountable 1U chassis that can sit in all zones across the home.
The launch of the Bijou 600 fills a gap in the market for a high performing, compact amplifier/DAC with pre-amp volume control that can work as a flexible solution in additional zones, enhancing TV speaker set-ups including sound bars, improving the audio performance of multi-room digital streaming audio systems like SONOS, HEOS and others, powering speaker set ups of all types and configurations including low impedance speakers, upgrading and dramatically improve gaming and other demanding audio system requirements.
The Bijou 600 includes a myriad of powerful features including switchable inputs (including analog, digital COAX, digital Optical), combined with variable volume control circuitry controllable via discrete IR or discrete RS232 commands. The Bijou 600 delivers 2 x 100 watts of power at 8 Ohms, 200 watts at 4 Ohms and can also act as a 400-watt mono-block and operates stable down to 3.6 Ohms.
The Bijou 600 benefits from the inclusion of a leading AudioControl high-performance Wolfson DAC. The Bijou 600 is also equipped with a number of bass management features including a subwoofer mono out, AudioControl’s patented AccuBASS™ equalization, selectable high-pass and low-pass crossovers. Source selection, volume functions, and AccuBASS™ can be controlled via remote control (included) or automation commands.
The Bijou 600’s slimline ‘1U’ chassis measures just 8.5”x7.5”x1.7”. Full rack mount, and TV Mounts are available designed exclusively for the Bijou 600 from AudioControl dealers.
The Bijou 600 is designed, engineered and manufactured in the rainforest of the Northwest USA somewhere North of Seattle! The Bijou 600 comes with AudioControl’s renowned 5-year warranty.
Read the Press Release >>
Mounting Accessories Available >>
- Compact Amplifier and Digital to Analog Converter (DAC)
- 2 Channels x 100 Watts at 8 Ohms
- 2 Channels x 200 Watts at 4 Ohms
- Pre-amp Volume Control Via IR or RS 232
- Stable Down to 4 Ohms
- Bridgeable as Mono Block 400 Watts
- 2 x Digital Optical & COAX Inputs and Analog Stereo Inputs
- Subwoofer Output
- Wolfson Digital Analog Converter (DAC) For Audiophile Performance
- Source Switching Via IR or RS 232
- Patented AccuBASS® Bass Response
- 1U ½ Rack Size With Rack Mounts, and TV Mount Options (Order Separately)
- Digital Inputs: Optical Toslink x 2, Coax S/PDIF 75 ohms x 2
- Analog Inputs: Stereo RCA x 1
- Input Sensitivity: 230mV (RCA); 2.0V (Speaker Level)
- Signal Sense Trigger Minimum: 10mV (RCA); 100mV (Speaker Level)
- Amplifier Channels: 2
- Power Output (8Ω): 100W per channel
- Power Output (4Ω): 200W per channel
- Minimum Speaker Load: 4Ω
- Preamp Outputs: Mono RCA Subwoofer, Mono RCA Bridged
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >95dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.09%
- 12 Volt Trigger Inputs: 1 (mini jack)
- IR Inputs: 1 (mini jack)
- IR Outputs: 1 (mini jack)
- RS-232 Serial Control: Yes
- Power Consumption (typical usage): 40W
- Power Consumption (maximum): 520W
- Line Voltage: 100-120VAC/200‐240VAC Switchable
WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS
- Dimensions: 8.50”W x 7.51”D x 1.73”H
- Weight: 6.0lbs (2.7kg)
IN THE BOX: Bijou 600, RT-1 Remote, Power Cord, Optical Cable, User Manual, Warranty