The Director® Model M6400
16 Channel Network Amplifier with Signal Matrix & Volume Control
The Director® Model M6400 Matrix amplifier from AudioControl is the first of its kind and one of the most intelligent, flexible amplifiers available for residential or commercial projects.
The Director® Model M6400, part of AudioControl’s new Matrix M-Series builds upon the success of AudioControl’s ‘The Director’ D-Series driving sixteen channels of high-power amplification in a compact 2U chassis that delivers 65 watts per channel at 8 Ohms, 100 watts per channel at 4 Ohms and 175 watts at 8 Ohm bridged, all channels driven.
Featuring a powerful on-board DSP, The Director Model® M6400 has the benefit of operating either as a standalone matrix-amplifier or as part of a 3rd party control system from companies including Crestron, Savant or Control 4.
The Model M6400 is engineered and manufactured in the rainforest of the Northwest somewhere North of Seattle.
- Network DHCP Signal Matrix Amplifier With Volume Control
- 16 Channels x 65 Watts at 8 Ohms (All Channels Driven)
- 16 Channels x 100 Watts at 4 Ohms (All Channels Driven)
- Bridgeable to 175 Watts of Bridged Power
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Performance
- Ethernet Port for Status Monitoring, Source Switching and 12 Volt Trigger Control
- Built in Matrix Delivering Analog or two digital inputs to be routed to any zone output on single or multiple amplifiers
- Network Programmable Graphic & Parametric Equalization with User Memories
- Assignable Names for All Zones & Amplifier
- Digital Signal Sense
- Programmable Electronic Crossover for Local Subwoofer Applications • Subsonic Filter
- AudioControl LightDrive Anti-Clipping Speaker Protection
- Local Inputs with Pass Thru / Loop Outputs
- Dual Digital Audio Bus Inputs
- Compact 2U Rack Space (Includes Rack Mount Brackets)
- Home and Commercial Installations
power and control at your fingertips
The Director® M Series feature on-board digital signal processing, graphic & parametric equalization by zone, network monitoring and programming, local and bus inputs, plus the addition of volume control, channel/zone grouping and zone audio presets. They also allow individual channel and zone selection via standard TCP/IP, delivering incredible power and AudioControl’s legendary audio performance.
Two digital inputs and outputs are both accessible in the matrixing so that any one of the input sources can be routed through the digital outputs. These digital outputs can be connected to other CM Series, The Director M or D Series or Architect digital inputs so that multiple amplifiers can receive any signal from any of the inputs.
Speaker Optimization Profiles
AudioControl has partnered with a growing number of prominent architectural loudspeaker manufacturers to implement speaker performance profiles directly accessible from The Director® M Series onboard DSP. Each speaker manufacturer has provided critical performance data to AudioControl, enabling tailored profiles to be created and stored in software form. Factoring in the individual room acoustics for each home, these speaker profiles achieve an important step in providing the custom integrator the tools to deliver a premium entertainment experience by calibrating systems for their clients.
AUDIOCONTROL SOUND PARTNERSTM
- Inputs: 8 Stereo Local Inputs, 2 Digital S/PDIF Inputs
- Input Sensitivity: 1 Vrms for full output, level at maximum
- Input Gain: 27 dB
- Amplifier Channels: 16
- Power Output (8Ω): 65W per channel
- Power Output (4Ω): 100W per channel
- Power Output (Bridged Mono): 175W
- Minimum Speaker Load: 4Ω
- Preamp Audio Outputs: 8 Stereo Loop Outputs, 2 Digital S/PDIF Outputs
- Crosstalk: > 80 dB @ 1 kHz
- Damping Factor: >200
- Signal to Noise: >95 dB, A-wtd, ref full output
- Crosstalk: >80 dB @ 1 kHz
- DAC Specifications: 32 – 96 kHz sample rate, 16/24 bit depth
- Remote Power Trigger: +12 VDC or Dry Contact Closure
- Network Connection/Protocol: 10BaseT Ethernet TCP/IP
- Communication Protocol: HTTP or Telnet
- Power Consumption (Stand By): <2W
- Power Consumption (Idle): 35W
- Power Consumption (loud listening level): 220W
- Power Consumption (maximum): 1300W
- BTU/Hour Heat Dissipation (Standby): 6.8
- BTU/Hour Heat Dissipation (Idle): 121
- BTU/Hour Heat Dissipation (loud listening level): 314
- BTU/Hour Heat Dissipation (maximum): 890
- Protection: clipping, short circuit, thermal, ultrasonic, DC offset, stable into reactive or mismatched loads
WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS
- Dimensions: 17” W x 15.5” D x 3.5” H (2U)
- Weight: 16.0lbs (7.26 kg)