Join the AudioControl Team!
AudioControl is a premier designer and manufacturer of high performance award-winning audio products. For several decades we have been creating unique products that meet our customer’s needs and satisfy their audio passion. In our quest for excellence we adhere to the following Guiding Principles:
- Highest Possible Quality
- Superior Service
- Innovation in Everything
- Respect for People
These principles carry over in everything we do.
In our desire to continue to offer our customers the best sounding audio products, we are always on the lookout for good folks to join the AudioControl team. Most of our team members have worked with us for five years, and many have been with us for over ten!
There are no current openings.
There are current openings:
TECHNICAL SUPPORT & CUSTOMER SERVICE REP
Do you love helping people, solving problems, and making someone’s day? Keep reading if this sounds like you. We are looking for an innovative, personable, punctual, and highly motivated individual to join the AudioControl division of the AAMP Global family of brands. Extensive training, tools and support are provided for our fast-paced, challenging, yet highly rewarding working environment. If you are one who has excellent interpersonal and problem-solving talents, has top-notch phone, computer skills, and loves helping others, we want to hear from you!
• Engage with customers over the phone and via e-mail, provide support and resolution, act on questions, help our customers, be a true problem solver and team player!
• Provide support for all our home audio products via phone and email.
• Take first-response calls to AudioControl and field them to the right department, expert, or team member.
• Assist in the creation of content for internal and external technical training and support documentation.
• Have an enthusiasm to learn our products and tackle more complex technical issues with our distributors, dealers, and end-users.
• Support our external rep and dealer teams in helping them achieve their goals. Be willing and able to travel for trade shows and events as required to provide support to our customers, team and brand.
• Support the team and business with wide range of general administration activities that we must complete to keep the wheels turning throughout the office.
• Work with our team on various other activities including social media, internet pricing review, customer information, product testing, training, trade show attendance and other growth opportunities.
• Logging and maintaining customer records in Zendesk & NetSuite.
• Other duties as needed.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
• Our candidate will have a passion for audio and video.
• They will have a background and be proficient in offering technical support across a wide range of products related to home electronics.
• They will have excellent communication skills, be a natural customer advocate, a world-class problem-solver, have strong organization and planning skills with the ability to operate in a fast moving, customer focused, dynamic culture!
• Use of MS Office (notably Word, Excel, Outlook/Teams).
• An enthusiastic self-starter with motivation and initiative to continue to grow within their role.
• Must be able to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities based on business/team needs.
“We are a pioneer and leader in the consumer electronics industry designing, engineering and manufacturing audio products that excite, delight and entertain our customers. We are passionate about creating best in class, market leading solutions that deliver amazing audio and video performance from home to car to pro, ‘pro-sumer’ and beyond!”
Location: Mountlake Terrace, WA, USAThe Engineering Manager will oversee and coordinate the daily product engineering operations, and lead the team responsible for executing the product roadmap for the AudioControl Home business.
- Executes the product roadmap for the home business plan, from ideation, to prototyping and mass production.
- Leads and coordinates various engineering functions, including quality assurance, testing, production, research and development of new and existing product lines.
- Identifies appropriate manufacturing processes to be followed in AudioControl’s Mountlake Terrace facility and external contract manufacturer locations.
- Creates and maintains efficient test fixtures and procedures for internal and external engineering and manufacturing teams.
- Serves as project manager for multiple projects, creating timelines and cost projections, organizing collaborative meetings, and ensuring projects comply with specifications, timelines, and budgets.
- Initiates development on new technologies and platforms utilizing development kits and tools for the subsequent use by the larger development team.
- Facilitates communication across Product Development, Sales, Manufacturing and Engineering teams, ensuring specifications, and deadlines are clearly communicated and understood by all parties involved.
- Plans, coordinates, and manages the work of the engineering staff.
- Works closely with the Product Management group to define project requirements and priorities.
- Implements product requirements; reviews work and projects for technical accuracy.
- Collaborates with marketing department to determine market potential for new products providing base product information needed for successful content creation.
- Maintains knowledge of new trends, developments, technologies, materials, and best practices; applies this knowledge to continually improve product lines and production efficiency.
- Conducts extensive research of new technologies and presents ideas of their potential application and benefit to the company.
- Participates and contributes to new product ideas, including documenting new intellectual property (IP) candidates.
- Supports engineering team members in conducting hands-on testing, analysis and duplication of customer applications, documentation, and product validation.
- Determines and documents design elements for comprehensive system architecture, including complete AV setup, control systems, processors, amplifiers, speakers, subwoofers, displays, projectors and more.
- Develops design documentation, flow charts and implementation work breakdown.
- Interacts with other functional groups, customers, and vendors to coordinate technical matter and to contribute technically on projects.
- Ability to merge aspects of software, firmware and hardware into a complete functional product/system.
- Creates, establish and maintain standard engineering processes for the team to follow
- Designs products with agency requirements in mind, and guide through EMI and Safety (CE and FCC) testing as needed
- Manages external resources, including software development teams.
- Guides user interface, software testing, software requirements and time allocation related to software development
- Demonstrated ability to take a project from scoping requirements, through design and implementation
- Ability to self-manage, multi-task, and keep track of simultaneous ongoing projects in a fast-paced environment including some customer interaction
- Understanding of various programming languages
- Comprehensive experience with design and development of firmware for microcontrollers
- Experience with ARM Cortex-M MCU firmware development (e.g. NXP Kinetis or LPC, STM32)
- Experience with serial protocols and low-level drivers (e.g. I2C, SPI, USB, CAN, UART, etc.)
- Experience with custom circuit board bring-up
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with ‘bare metal’ firmware development
- Experience with firmware development
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git
- Excellent problem-solving, design, development, and debugging skills
- Ability to communicate effectively; verbally and written
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively with peers in cross functional areas; work cooperatively with management
- Ability to divide tasks into appropriate ability levels for other engineers on the team
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to occasionally work extended hours; may include travel at times which can include evenings and/or weekends
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or similar required; Master’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration preferred.
- At least ten years of related experience required.
- Strong understanding of audio principles, and best practices in PCBA layout
This role is responsible for managing the Product Development and Engineering teams in Washington State. It is also responsible for the management of our global contract engineering team.
- Indoor offices with controlled temperature
- Ability to work in a non-climate-controlled warehouse or manufacturing environment.
- May sit for long periods of time
- Crouching, kneeling, standing, walking, pushing and lifting occasionally
- Operating computer, telephone, voicemail and other office equipment regularly
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at times.
8am – 5pm (one hour lunch), Monday – Friday
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American Disabilities Act of 1990. AAMP Global provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
22410 70th Avenue West
Mountlake Terrace, Seattle, WA 98043
Phone: +1 (425) 775-8461
Please note that employees must possess valid identification and reliable transportation. All new hires at AudioControl are required to supply references, undergo a routine drug screening test and background check.
AudioControl is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with this Company depends solely on your qualifications and experience.