Join the AudioControl Team!
AudioControl is a premier designer and manufacturer of high performance award-winning audio products. For several decades we have been creating unique products that meet our customer's needs and satisfy their audio passion. In our quest for excellence we adhere to the following Guiding Principles:
1. Highest Possible Quality
2. Superior Service
3. Innovation in Everything
4. Respect for People
These principles carry over in everything we do.
In our desire to continue to offer our customers the best sounding audio products, we are always on the lookout for good folks to join the AudioControl team. Most of our team members have worked with us for five years, and many have been with us for over ten!
AudioControl – Senior Design Engineer
"We are a pioneer and leader in the consumer electronics industry designing, engineering and manufacturing audio products that excite, delight and entertain our customers. We are passionate about creating best in class, market leading solutions that deliver amazing audio and video performance from home to car to pro, ‘pro-sumer’ and beyond!"
As part of AudioControl’s engineering team, our senior design engineer plays a leading role in delivering new products to market. The role is an active part of the engineering team, actively designing and engineering new audio products for the home, pro and automotive markets, from definition through to manufacturing with minimal supervision.
Location: Mountlake Terrace, WA, USA
- The successful applicant will work as part of the engineering team to define scope and requirements of new and distinctive products, channels and markets with a focus on ‘Making Good Sound Great’.
- Deliver the product development goals of highest quality, innovative features, on time delivery and profitability for new products, and product upgrades and updates.
- Be part of AudioControl’s innovative engineering team, identifying and implementing new technologies that meet the AudioControl’s product strategy as well as identifying trends in engineering that can help AudioControl gain competitive advantage in the market, improve our existing and new products and reduce product costs.
- Help introduce best practices in engineering design documentation, manufacturing, operations ensuring that products meet the high standards of engineering and manufacturing that AudioControl is known for in its markets ensuring the quality and integrity of the product design and build is maintained from conception, through manufacturing to the many years of trouble free use by our customers.
- Actively design, engineer and manage their own set of engineering projects, taking the lead on engineering design and delivery to ensure we meet our product roadmap goals and innovate for future growth.
- Design audio processors and power amplifiers and other products, including analog and digital circuitry. Tasks will include: mechanical design, circuit simulation, schematic capture, PCB layout review, writing work instructions and assembly documentation, and supporting initial manufacturing.
- Design to meet overall product requirements, document designs, and verification methods and results. Design for, and resolve issues arising with, thermal, EMC and agency requirements. Make significant contributions to feasibility and cost studies, project planning, verification plans, design specifications and design reviews.
- Assist with product definition, manufacturing introduction support, validation testing, and ongoing sustaining engineering. Actively participate in peer reviews of designs, materials, and procedures.
- A good understanding of the ‘audio/video world’ with experience in all aspects of audio/video engineering and conversant and comfortable with analog, digital AV and current/future audio technology trends!
- A demonstrated respect for the highest quality standards in audio with a passion and understanding for achieving great sound and delivering a superior entertainment experience!
- The ability to work in a complex world of the known & unknown demonstrating ease in sorting many contradictory issues with the outcome of developing exciting, innovative new products!
- A strong attention to detail, project management and a disciplined product development process approach with the ability to work cross collaboratively and be flexible in most everything!
- The ability to move AudioControl in product engineering and technological directions including the worlds of digital audio/video, networking, future engineering design and best practices!
- A passionate ‘product advocate’ who sees the present and past as only a foundation for a different future with a willingness to try the apparently impossible!
- Specific experience in engineering and developing a diverse range of audio products. Active hands-on involvement and experience in audio engineering design and product conception and delivery, with responsibility for your own product projects is required.
- Strong teamwork skills: Willing to support colleagues in technical, decision making, and other areas as necessary.
- Use of a standard schematic capture, mechanical design, and circuit simulation programs.
- Hardware debugging, including use of oscilloscopes and analyzers.
- Use of MS Office (notably Word, Excel).
- High standard of analytical skills for problem solving required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, for resolving technical issues.
- BSEE (4-year degree) or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ experience as a design engineer in analog and mixed signal electronics, with a strong preference for expertise in audio signal processing and amplification.
22410 70th Avenue West, Mountlake Terrace, Seattle, WA 98043
Phone: +1 425 775 8461 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
AudioControl is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with this Company depends solely on your qualifications and experience.
Production Test Technician (Mountlake Terrace)
AudioControl is looking for a Production Test Technician to join our manufacturing team at our Mountlake Terrace to test and troubleshoot audio power amplifiers and A/V processors at the PCBA, subassembly and finished goods levels.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 2 year associates degree in electronics
- 2+ years of experience as a hardware test technician in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions testing a variety of audio products in an
- Ability to clearly document test procedures and setups
- Strong analog and digital audio and video electronics troubleshooting
- Ability to lift and operate power amps of up to 50 lbs.
- Strong work ethic and solid dependability
- Careful attention to detail and commitment to product quality
- IPC 610 certification
- ESD handling certification
- Test Fixture design, fabrication and maintenance: electrical and mechanical
Work Location: Mountlake Terrace
PLEASE NOTE: Successful candidates only will be contacted within 14 days of your application being received.
THE LOCATION: Mountlake Terrace, Seattle, WA based
"We are a pioneer and leader in the consumer electronics industry designing, engineering and manufacturing audio products that excite, delight and entertain our customers. We are passionate about creating best in class, market leading solutions that deliver amazing audio and video performance from home to car to pro, ‘pro-sumer’ and beyond! – We make good sound great"
AudioControl is an equal opportunity employer