Join the AudioControl Team!
AudioControl is a premier designer and manufacturer of high performance award-winning audio products. For several decades we have been creating unique products that meet our customer's needs and satisfy their audio passion. In our quest for excellence we adhere to the following Guiding Principles:
1. Highest Possible Quality
2. Superior Service
3. Innovation in Everything
4. Respect for People
These principles carry over in everything we do.
In our desire to continue to offer our customers the best sounding audio products, we are always on the lookout for good folks to join the AudioControl team. Most of our team members have worked with us for five years, and many have been with us for over ten!
We take pride in being a pioneer and leader in the consumer electronics industry designing, engineering and manufacturing products designed to excite our customers ‘making good sound great’. We are focused on delivering to our customers best in class products that improve their lives, delivering amazing sound performance across the home, car, pro market and beyond.
Our team works hard everyday to entertain our customers and deliver great sound and we are focused on the following values in meeting our mission of ‘making good sound great’:
- Highest Possible Quality
- Superior Service
- Innovation in Everything
- Respect for People
We are looking for a Purchasing Assistant, someone with a talent for working with individuals and teams both internally at AudioControl and also externally with our many suppliers and vendors worldwide. The successful candidate will play an important role in AudioControl meeting our goals of manufacturing some of the best Audio products in the world and they will have a focus on ensuring that all of our products can get to market on time by ensuring that the materials and parts needed to deliver products are on time, and available to our customers on demand.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Learn the ins and outs of AudioControl
- Talk to suppliers and vendors, provide support, act on questions, help our teams, be a ‘problem solver’!
- Negotiate pricing and terms for product groups and part categories under their control under the supervision of the Purchasing manager.
- Be responsible for purchasing parts and materials such as electronic components, sheet metal and more.
- Play an active role in receiving parts into the warehouse, recording into inventory as well as assisting in the manufacturing facility to ensure the smooth flow of parts throughout the process of building our products.
- Maintain daily functions required to keep material inventory up to date including the management, control and input of inventory changes into the ‘inventory management system’.
- Help us by thinking of new ways to impress, delight and surprise our customers through working with the whole team to continually improve our purchasing processes, materials management and cost of goods.
- Interact and actively communicate with suppliers and vendors resulting in external partners that see our company as standing head and shoulders above our competitors in our products and the way we do business.
- Support our team and business with general activities that we have to complete to keep the wheels turning throughout the business.
- Work with the manufacturing team on floor layouts, lean manufacturing processes, receiving of product, manufacturing floor layout changes.
- Work diligently as part of our team in our daily duties and tasks that make the world go round both inside the purchasing departments and the manufacturing and engineering teams.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Our candidate will have a background with experience in materials management and purchasing. Ideally, they will have 1-2 years of purchasing experience, ideally in a manufacturing environment. They will have excellent communication skills, have a strong customer service orientation, be a world-class problem-solver, have strong organization and planning skills and able to operate and have a high stress tolerance in a fast moving, customer focused, dynamic, fun culture!
They will be proficient in all aspects of computer work including Excel, Word, Office, Database Management and have excellent writing and organizational skills and the ability to learn fast. They will ideally have experience with MRP systems and can play a lead role in ensuring AudioControl’s purchasing systems are relevant to the needs of the business from engineering BOM creation through to shipping. They will be a great team player.
While performing the duties of the job, the successful candidate is regularly required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
IF THIS IS YOU!
HOW TO APPLY: In the first instance please forward your resume and why you would be the best person for the role we are looking for to our HR team at email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: Successful candidates only will be contacted within 14 days of your application being received.
THE LOCATION: Mountlake Terrace, Seattle, WA based
"We are a pioneer and leader in the consumer electronics industry designing, engineering and manufacturing audio products that excite, delight and entertain our customers. We are passionate about creating best in class, market leading solutions that deliver amazing audio and video performance from home to car to pro, ‘pro-sumer’ and beyond! – We make good sound great"
AudioControl is an equal opportunity employer