Join the AudioControl Team!
AudioControl is a premier designer and manufacturer of high performance award-winning audio products. For several decades we have been creating unique products that meet our customer's needs and satisfy their audio passion. In our quest for excellence we adhere to the following Guiding Principles:
1. Highest Possible Quality
2. Superior Service
3. Innovation in Everything
4. Respect for People
These principles carry over in everything we do.
In our desire to continue to offer our customers the best sounding audio products, we are always on the lookout for good folks to join the AudioControl team. Most of our team members have worked with us for five years, and many have been with us for over ten!
We take pride in being a pioneer and leader in the consumer electronics industry designing, engineering and manufacturing products designed to excite our customers ‘making good sound great’. We are focused on delivering to our customers best in class products that improve their lives, delivering amazing sound performance across the home, car, pro market and beyond.
Our team works hard everyday to entertain our customers and deliver great sound and we are focused on the following values in meeting our mission of ‘making good sound great’:
- Highest Possible Quality
- Superior Service
- Innovation in Everything
- Respect for People
THE ROLE:We are looking for a Purchasing Assistant, someone with a talent for working with individuals and teams both internally at AudioControl and also externally with our many suppliers and vendors worldwide. The successful candidate will play an important role in AudioControl meeting our goals of manufacturing some of the best Audio products in the world and they will have a focus on ensuring that all of our products can get to market on time by ensuring that the materials and parts needed to deliver products are on time, and available to our customers on demand.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Learn the ins and outs of AudioControl
- Talk to suppliers and vendors, provide support, act on questions, help our teams, be a ‘problem solver’!
- Be responsible for purchasing parts and materials such as electronic components, sheet metal and more.
- Play an active role in receiving parts into the warehouse, recording into inventory as well as assisting in the manufacturing facility to ensure the smooth flow of parts throughout the process of building our products.
- Maintain daily functions required to keep material inventory up to date including the management, control and input of inventory changes into the ‘inventory management system’.
- Help us by thinking of new ways to impress, delight and surprise our customers through working with the whole team to continually improve our purchasing processes, materials management and cost of goods.
- Interact and actively communicate with suppliers and vendors resulting in external partners that see our company as standing head and shoulders above our competitors in our products and the way we do business.
- Support our team and business with general activities that we have to complete to keep the wheels turning throughout the business.
- Work diligently as part of our team in our daily duties and tasks that make the world go round both inside the purchasing departments and the manufacturing and engineering teams.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:Our candidate will have a background with experience in materials management and purchasing. Ideally, they will have 1-2 years of purchasing experience, ideally in a manufacturing environment. They will have excellent communication skills, have a strong customer service orientation, be a world-class problem-solver, have strong organization and planning skills and able to operate and have a high stress tolerance in a fast moving, customer focused, dynamic, fun culture!
They will be proficient in all aspects of computer work including Excel, Word, Office, Database Management and have excellent writing and organizational skills and the ability to learn fast. They will be a great team player.
While performing the duties of the job, the successful candidate is regularly required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
IF THIS IS YOU!
HOW TO APPLY: In the first instance please forward your resume and why you would be the best person for the role we are looking for to our HR team at email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: Successful candidates only will be contacted within 14 days of your application being received.
THE LOCATION: Mountlake Terrace, Seattle, WA based
AudioControl – PRODUCT ENGINEERING MANAGER
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
AudioControl’s Product Engineering Manager heads our engineering team, working as part of the AudioControl leadership team to manage the engineering group bringing new products to market and improving upon existing products. The role works cross-collaboratively to help identify and create new market leading products. The role leads the project management effort for new product introductions, and product changes and updates for all products associated with AudioControl.
- They deliver our new products, product upgrades and updates ensuring that all products meet the high standards of quality and reliability that AudioControl is known for across its markets.
- Work with the AudioControl team to define scope and requirements of the product development effort for new products and lead the project management efforts for new products and updates to existing products.
- Manage a diverse team of engineers that reside in Seattle and associated product technical experts in other locations?
- As well as leading the product development efforts of the team, it is expected that the Product Engineering Manager will also actively be involved in delivering their own projects for new products, updates and other engineering priorities.
- Drive best practices in Engineering Design Documentation, build and release strategies, maintenance releases, DSP, iOS and other smart device platforms, embedded firmware, I.T. and desktop systems and new technologies.
- Regular communication with senior management on project status, risks, costs, resources and change control.
- A deep understanding of the ‘audio/video world’ with experience in all aspects of audio/video engineering and conversant and comfortable with digital AV and future audio technology trends!
- A demonstrated respect for the highest quality standards in audio with a passion and understanding for achieving great sound and delivering a superior entertainment experience!
- The ability to work in a complex world of the known & unknown demonstrating ease in sorting many contradictory issues with the outcome of developing exciting, innovative new products!
- A strong attention to detail, project management and a disciplined product development process approach with the ability to work cross collaboratively and be flexible in most everything!
- The ability to move AudioControl in new product, business and technological directions including the worlds of digital audio/video, networking, engineering design and future best practices!
- Specific experience in audio products is considered a "plus", but a background within the Consumer, Networking, Electronics, Mobile and Hardware design field is also relevant
- Leadership skills: People will look to this person for direction and decision making, so the candidate should be able to make decisions when appropriate, gain consensus when appropriate, show flexibility when appropriate, and ensure forward progress when a decision has been made.
- Good decision making ability: The Product Engineering Manager is comfortable with letting others make decisions within their areas of expertise, but willing to step in and guide and/or make project level technical decisions across disciplines when appropriate.
- Good delegation skills: Since a Manager of Engineering needs to balance management activities with their own direct contributions to a project, the ideal candidate can effectively delegate tasks to other team members, all the while making sure that individual task lists are complete and subsequently executed.
- Good mentoring skills: Willing to guide colleagues in technical, decision making, and other areas as necessary working closely with the Engineering team to identify skills that need to be cultivated – both by individuals and the organization.
- A Product Engineering manager must also be able to offer feedback to individual team members about their effectiveness and / or performance.
- Results-oriented and demonstrated ability to coordinate the activities of internal and remote engineering personnel while remaining a development contributor.
- Years of Experience: 5-10 + years of engineering experience. Experience in engineering within the world of audio and within manufacturing companies an asset.
- Education – Degree in Electrical Engineering, Audio Engineering qualifications or equivalent experience.
- Ability to travel as appropriate both within the U.S and internationally.
22410 70th Avenue West, Mountlake Terrace, Seattle, WA 98043
Phone: +1 425 775 8461 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
"We are a pioneer and leader in the consumer electronics industry designing, engineering and manufacturing audio products that excite, delight and entertain our customers. We are passionate about creating best in class, market leading solutions that deliver amazing audio and video performance from home to car to pro, ‘pro-sumer’ and beyond! – We make good sound great"
AudioControl is an equal opportunity employer