The Director Model D4400 from AudioControl offers both system amplification and programmable signal processing via an Ethernet connection. This unique multi-channel product couples highly powerful, yet efficient, amplification with a powerful DSP (digital signal processor). This premium product also breaks new ground by providing custom installers with power and flexibility in a single, compact three U spaced chassis.
The heart of The Director D4400 amplifier platform is a newest generation amplifier. The benefits of this new amplifier platform are incredible efficiency and musical sound quality, while maintaining a high level of reliability. Power output is rated at a minimum of 100 watts per channel into 16 channels; all channels driven. The Director Model D4400 is also bridgeable and while the power output is rated at 8 ohms, it is stable into lower impedances, which allows for additional installation flexibility.
The Power Of DSP
AudioControl engineers utilized years of design experience to incorporate powerful Digital Signal Processing into The Director Model D4400, is network accessible via a rear-panel mounted Ethernet connection. The lengthy DSP feature set includes:
- Graphic and parametric equalization settings for each channel 128 total filters!
- Programmable Electronic crossover allows for easy integration of subwoofer
- Subsonic Filters and High Frequency Tweeter Protection Circuits
- Dual buss inputs with signal source switching over a network
- Monitoring of channel status, including temperature and protection modes
- Ability to issue alert e-mail’s
- User memories for selectable listening preferences
ISE 2014 Coverage of the Director 4400
AudioControl Products - GREEN For Over 30 Years
AudioControl amplifiers are legendary for their cool running performance. Operating cool is proof that they are energy efficient and amazingly enough The Director Model D4400 is even one-third MORE efficient than AudioControl’s previous award winning designs. It has an intelligent power supply that actually monitors the demands of the music and adjusts the power usage, much like an automatic transmission. The result is a truly efficient amplifier that wastes no power.
Needless to say, AudioControl designed this product to be seen and heard.
- Power output of 100 watts per channel - all channels driven
- Network programmable signal processing
- Graphic Equalization Controls for each pair of channe
- Dual parametric eq controls
- Electronic crossover, subsonic and low pass filtering
- Remote monitoring of channel status, temperature, and power control
- Zone selection and control via standard TCIP
- NEW Ability to import and export settings for back-up and to create FastStart templates
- NEW Grouping of selected audio functions - muting and zone selection
- NEW DHCP as default setting - facilitate faster network settings, especially with multiple units
- NEW Network Device Discovery (UPnP)
- NEW Compatibility with Class A, B, & C networks
- Cool running performance and outstanding energy efficiency
- Compact design only requires 3 rack spaces
- Cool Blue LED status displays
- Local and dual buss inputs
- Remote 12 volt zone trigger via
- Ethernet control
- Designed and manufactured in the USA
- Includes rack brackets
Residential Systems reviews